Explore "The World Around You"
I’ve always enjoyed photographing nature and landscapes in particular, especially when I travel. When I first heard about Kristen Ryan’s workshop, The World Around You at Click Photo School, I jumped at the chance to take it and learn from such a talented landscape photographer.
I’m so glad I did.
This class changed my photography unlike anything I’ve done before or since.
The next session begins in just a few days and if you’re at all interested in landscape photography, here are a few reasons I think you absolutely need to check it out.
1. The class is for students of all levels. I was not a beginner when I started this class, in fact I had taken other landscape specific photography workshops in the past, so while I was excited to study with Kristen, I wasn’t sure what new things I would learn. I was blown away at the amount of information that was brand new to me in this class. Between Kristen’s amazing teaching, great critique from the class helpers and conversations with your fellow classmates, you’ll enjoy this workshop no matter what your skill level.
2. You’ll learn shooting and processing and so much more. Kristen walks you through every consideration from scouting a location to the final edits, and does so in a way that you’ll feel completely comfortable if even you are a beginner.
3. Kristen is an amazing teacher. She goes so far above and beyond, I can’t even explain it. There were times where I felt as if she was sitting right next to me, especially when it came to the editing. The videos were so informative that it didn’t just change the way I edit landscapes, it changed the way I edit all my photos.
4. It’s a great excuse to explore your town. You’ll be out shooting landscapes, often. So even if you have a beautiful scene a few blocks from your house, you’ll want to explore some variety. It will force you out of your routine and help you find some beautiful places that you may never have found otherwise.
5. Spring is the perfect time of year. The snow is finally melting (hopefully) the birds are chirping and there are hours and hours of daylight. It’s the perfect time to get out of the house and explore!
And in case you need more convincing, these are a few of my favorite images taken either during the workshop or since, with all the new knowledge I discovered!